The greenway network in Spain are old railway tracks transformed into paths for the practice of bicycle routes, in which motor vehicles are prohibited.
Basic information and itinerary:
Total distance: 18 kms
Route Profile: all flat, except the descent from Coripe to the Greenway
Places of interest:
- Guadalete river bank.
- Peñón de Zaframagón Nature Reserve, the largest leaved vulture in Europe.
- Medieval castles.
- Panoramic views of the white villages and Sierra Grazalema.
- Scenic heritage of farmhouses and traditional crops.
- Industrial heritage of stations, tunnels and other facilities of the old railway.
- Access to the Guadalete river and the Guadalporcún for bird watching and refreshment.
- Cross 3 tunnels and 2 bridges.
- Observation of the joint of the rivers between the Guadalete and the Guadalporcún.
- Chaparro de la Vega, Natural Monument