We are going to do a circular hiking route of about 7-8 km in the afternoon in Carmona and its surroundings. We will enjoy the cultural and natural part of the landscape. Due to its unique location on the cornice of the Alcores surrounded by the Vega and the Terraces of the Guadalquivir, we can enjoy three very different landscapes on the same route, both for its geology and for its fauna and flora. The route will consist of ancient roads, such as the famous Via Augusta, by which Julio César himself arrived at Carmona. During the route, we will also take the opportunity to visit the Cuevas de la Batida, some ancient Roman quarries.
POINTS OF INTEREST:
- Panoramic view of the Alcazar of the Puerta de Sevilla.
- Livestock routes.
- Hermitage of San Mateo.
- Picacho Tower.
- Panoramic view of the Alcázar de Arriba or King Don Pedro.
- Roman Bridge and Causeway.
- Panoramic view of the Puerta de Córdoba.
- Huerta de Martín Pérez.
- El Alcor, la Vega and Las Terrazas del Guadalquivir.
- Cuevas de la Batida.
Route level: initial
Distance: 7 kms